Taos During Covid




















We decided to spend a week in Taos. Michael worked while we were there, but the boys and I hiked and explored. We hiked William's Lake and stopped at Taos Cow food truck for ice cream. One day, Marcie and Ann and the boys joined us and we hiked El Salto Falls and then had a picnic on the porch. We ate at the chocolate shop a lot of times and walked around the farmer's market. Michael and I ate out one time in the grass under an easy up and had a real life date. I went on a hike with our friends Valerie and Milo. We played a lot of ping pong and watched a lot of good movies.  Davis and Sam and I went on a back trailed bike ride out towards Sipapu, near our sledding spot. Almost everything was closed or shut down in Taos. We did find out that the owner of Pit Vipers is from Taos. That was exciting. Davis's friend Alex and his family parked their trailer in the yard on the weekend and brought his other friend Donovan and we drove to Angel Fire to try downhilling. Everyone loved it, even me, but then I fell and really hurt myself. Sigh. I don't bounce anymore. We still had a lovely week ending with the fourth of July. We watched the fireworks in Taos on the fourth of July from the back yard. It was a peaceful quiet week, but I missed all the art festivals and live music that usually happen in Taos this time of year. Sam was lonely as he missed his friends and it came out in his blog post, but we did have some good times, with fantastic weather and gorgeous views of the mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positivity

My Dad has Alzheimer's Part 2

Grateful for my Family