Updates and new friends


We have been here for over a month now and we feel pretty settled in. We still haven't made it to the train park or found a good place to ride our bicycles. We have found a great grocery store (I could wax poetically about Trader Joes) and a fantastic sushi restaurant. I have my eyes on a gym called Lifetime Fitness. They have a spa and a pool and childcare for children over three months. They have one here in Tempe and they are building one in South Austin. We're touring it this week. I'll keep you updated as to whether or not we join. I'm thinking it will be a birthday present to me.
I have also been busy with playdates! When I first got here I put myself out there everywhere I went. People probably thought I was weird, but I was bound and determined to make friends and stay busy while I was here. One friend I made was through an Austin Mama. Her name is Daniela and she has two sweet little children and a great house full of toys. Davis loves her daughter Hannah and her toys. We went for a barbeque weekend before last and afterwards Davis asked for days to go "hannah house". I also made a friend at the library. She has the most beautiful blond daughter named Kalli. And then I met Carrie at My Gym. She has a daughter Davis' age and fun toys at her house too. Unfortunately, she's Canadian and will be heading up north in a couple of weeks. The women and children I am meeting are so fun and genuine. It's only sad that I am making these friends only to leave them in a few months.
It's fun to have friends. It's also fun to spend time in houses. I find myself becoming a house junkie. I may try to befriend someone just because I hear they have a wonderful house. I walk into my friend's houses and think, what space! what a nice big tv! a pool! granite countertops! Suddenly I'm house shopping instead of chatting. Funny what living in a tiny, beige apartment will do to you. I have not yet had anyone over. Every time I tell them where I live they make a face and tell me that it's not a very good part of town. Oh well, fine. I'd rather go their big houses anyway. ;)
I miss Austin a lot. I try to stay positive, but I so miss my friends and my house and my dogs and my family. I'm so jealous when I hear of parties and playdates that I would SO be attending if I was home. Still, the weather here is sunny and perfect and the trees are in bloom and I have my three boys with me. I'm trying to call people, but please feel free to call me. Both my cell phone and home phone numbers are the same.
Samuel and Davis are finally settling in as well. Davis is no longer throwing huge tantrums and is again sleeping well. Samuel is getting easier and easier. He happily spends time on his mat and bouncer and swing. He sleeps in his sling and crib during the day, and in the bed with his mama at night. I've decided to let him sleep with me for another month or so. He's not overly clingy and he IS my last baby. Davis is talking up a storm and has finally starting giving kisses and hugs upon request. He also has a definite preference for his mother for the first time since he was nursling and I am kind of enjoying it. He's so fun to play with and we can spend hours playing pretend with his farm animals and various cars, trains, and motorcycles.
I guess that's pretty good for an update. I've included a picture of Davis with Hannah and Callie, two of our new friends. Love to all, and write me or email me!

Comments

It sounds like you are finally getting "normal" there in Tempe. I hope ya'll are having fun. We miss you here!!!!! This morning when we woke up, Kade said, "I have a GREAT idea! Let's go to Aunt Amber and Uncle Michael's house and play with DAVIS!" I explained that you guys were out of town, but that you would be on vacation with us in 14 sleeps for a whole week.

LOVE YOU!!!!
tiff

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday