Big news




We've been good. I finished the Harry Potter book. It's great! I'm sad it's over and I'm waiting patiently for Michael to finish it so we can talk about it.
Sam has been to the doctor this week. His thumb has gotten infected from where he got a blister from sucking it. I have to put cream on it and then put a sock over his hand so he doesn't suck the cream off. He's not terribly happy with me about the whole thing. He'll be okay though. The creams are already helping on all his wounds.
Michael and I visited San Marcos this weekend and stopped by our new to-be house. That's right. We made the decision to move into the house on the ranch adjoining the Davis ranch in San Marcos. Michael wants to move in by Christmas though I'm thinking we'll be there at the beginning of the year. We took a hundred pictures. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the front of it, so we'll have to do that next weekend and I'll post it then. It's beautiful and it is situated on a beautiful river front piece of property.
Then we spent all weekend looking at house magazines and ripping out pictures. On Sunday we went up to Round Rock to Ikea to look at house stuff and be inspired. I think I found our floors. It's a laminate but it looks like antique pine and I love it.
Saturday night we met up with Cheris and Rob and Violet at Southpark meadows and drank wine on the playground and then had dinner on the patio. I have a feeling that is going to be a good meeting place when we move to San Marcos.
Sunday night we went out with Marchelle and Kelli. Marchelle is here officially and moved in. We ate at the new Mar's Restaurant on South Congress and sat on the patio. It was a great date night.
The kids were great on Monday. We went and visited friends and ended the day at Waterloo with Katie and Soren and Annie and David and Hosea. We watched a serious rain storm hit. Yesterday the kids were at least three and a half handfuls. Sam can't suck his thumb due to the sock I put over his hand and so he's not sleeping and for some reason Davis isn't either. I put Davis down at 5:45 last night because he had missed his nap and had been letting me know he missed it by screaming for the last hour and a half. Michael hasn't made it home in time to see the kids yet this week, but at least he's home in time to pour me a glass of wine when we sit down to dinner!
Today I got to spend the morning at the park with Nancy and Evie and lunchtime with my friend Julie. I finally got to meet her son Jacob who is absolutely precious. He's about six weeks younger than Sam. I hope they get to be friends as they get older.
And that's this week's update. Sorry I hid the big news about our move in the middle. I hope you found it.
Much love, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday