Soup Swap

Last winter, I attended a soup swap in honor of National Soup Swap Day. It was so much fun. Since then, the Austin Mamas have been having monthly soup swaps. Tomorrow I am hosting one and I am so excited. There will be wine and friends and good food and no children!
I'm making two different soups so that I can swap for plenty of soups to share with Gigi and Gramp. One of soups that I am making is my Summer Chicken and Vegetable Chili. It is delicious and I can make it from the veggies in Uncle Larry's garden. I've posted the recipe before here. The other soup I am making is a roasted gazpacho. I've never made it before, but I am so excited about it. The smell of the vegetables roasting was amazing. I'll post the recipe below. I got it from Mark Bittman's cookbook, "The Best Recipes in the World", which I am really enjoying. Michael and the kids got it for me for Mother's day.
I'll let you know how the soup swap goes, but the prep has already been half the fun.
Let me know if you decide to try a soup swap. I love them!

Ignacio Blanco's Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho

Ingredients and Directions

4 Ripe tomatoes

2 sm Or 1 md eggplant, peeled,

-and cut into large chunks 4 sm Or 2 md zucchini, cut into

-large chunks 2 md Onions, peeled, and cut into

-large chunks About 10 cloves of garlic, -peeled 1/2 c Olive oil

1/4 c Sherry vinegar

Salt and freshly ground -black pepper to taste 4 c Water

4 Slices stale bread, crusts

-removed and torn up

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a roasting pan, combine tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, garlic, and olive oil. Roast until eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Turn mixture into a bowl and add vinegar, salt, pepper, water, and bread. Refrigerate and let sit several hours or overnight. In a food processor or blender, blend mixture until smooth. Put it through a food mill or strainer and discard solids. Check seasoning, garnish with garlic croutons or roasted tomatoes and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday