T-Bone Dinner

My Grandparents gave us some beautiful t-bone steaks last week. We are preparing to put another cow up on the ranch and so they are encouraging me to pillage their meat freezer in order to make space. I am so lucky!
Yesterday was a horrible day. Both children were sick and I couldn't leave the house. (They are both well today! Healed! Miracle of Miracle! In case you were wondering.)
By the end of the day I decided I deserved the fancy, delicious steaks.
As always, I face the constraints of wanting delicious flavors, but having little time and being exhausted. My mom had been to the Farmer's market this week and picked me up some produce since I had been unable to leave our plague filled house. This produce was just begging to be paired with the organic beef. I was ready to cook a home-grown, organic, south beach friendly meal.
Here is the menu:
Broiled T-bone Steaks (these could have been done outside on the grill, but it was too hot and humid outside.)
Mashed Cauliflower
Broiled Okra and Tomatoes with Basil.
Here is what I did:
Prep: I rubbed the steaks with olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
I trimmed the cauliflower into florets and threw them in the steamer.
I sliced the okra and tomatoes, laid them on a pan, salted and drizzled them with olive oil.
Cooking: I put the okra and tomatoes under the broiler. I put the steaks under the broiler. I steamed the cauliflower.
I cooked the steaks for about 11 minutes, then pulled them out to rest. (Meat has to rest to finish cooking and get nice and tender.)
I stirred the okra and tomatoes and cooked until the okra was slightly browned and crispy.
I took the cauliflower out of the steamer and threw it in a bowl with a little milk and feta cheese and used my new hand blender to mash it all up. I added salt and pepper.
I chopped basil. When I took the okra/tomato pan, I sprinkled the basil over the vegetables.
And then I served. It was so delicious. And easy, and pretty too.
If you make this, let me know if you like it. Cheers! Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday