All I Want for Christmas is Rain

We need rain. Desperately. It is so dry here. You may remember our fire in March. I remember it all the time, especially as I see the drought escalate in our area.
The fields are dry. The tanks are almost empty and have become muddy pits with a tiny dot of water in the center. My hands are cracking and my sinuses are swollen and dry. Mice are coming in. They are crawling up the windows and into the garage searching for water. Sam's eczema is back. Our lawn is dying.
Our local news reported this yesterday. "the National Weather Service has recently bumped our local drought status into the 'exceptional' category, that's as bad as it gets. Central Texas is now one of two areas in the U.S. under an exceptional drought."
I'm about to go outside and do a rain dance. Wish us some rain will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday