Salmonella

We have a diagnosis. The doctor called at 7:30 this morning and told us the culture that they took at the hospital had come back positive for salmonella. We don't know how he got it. I don't let him have very many processed foods and I was aware of the peanut thing so I don't think it's related to the peanut recall.
I'm feeling extremely guilty that I let this happen to my baby. I'm in charge of his food and I let it happen. He's still having diarrhea. He had it all day yesterday, but was only up for an hour last night with it. It's ongoing this morning though. I know his stomach is hurting him.
The good news is that he's drinking water again and eating a little bit.
So that's the update. I've got to go change the baby.

Comments

Rob L. said…
Amber, don't beat yourself up over it; it's just one of those things. You've suffered enough worrying about him; just stay positive and keep our Sammy on the road to recovery. :^)
Cheris said…
Yeah!! What Rob said! You can't possibly be held responsible for every microbe the kids eat. Let's face it, it's always possible he licked the cat box or fell in a cow pie. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday