My Garden



I'm building a garden! When we moved in, our huge yard had a fenced in garden just waiting for me. It seemed like too much work for our first year, since we moved into the place in February, but I bought some gardening books and promised myself we'd do it this year.
It's a lot of work. The fence needs repair and the entire piping for the watering needs to be redone. I had to clear all the trash out of it. The soil is a sandy loam and so I have had to put tons of compost on it.
My Uncle Larry is a great gardener and lives on the ranch and I have basically apprenticed myself to him. He has helped me tremendously already and taught me a ton. He helped me till my soil, though I've done at least fifteen wheelbarrows full of compost myself and has advised me on what to plant and when.
I've also spent a lot of time with my books and on the internet doing my research.
Michael helped me create a visio diagram of my garden and I am so proud of it. He's awesome like that.
We start planting next week. Up till now it's just been soil prep. Now we hope for rain. I'll give you updates on how the garden goes and please oh please, if you know about gardening, give me tips! I'm such a novice and I have a huge garden. Oh! If you want to go in on this with me, let me know, I still have some room.
XXOO, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday