What a Week!





Let's see if I can do a quick wrap up of the week without going on for pages.
Michael was out of town in San Jose, CA for physical security training Mon-Fri. I really missed him.
The kids went to the second week of their fabulous Texas State University summer children's workshop. They love it.
My mother-in-law came to stay with me for a few days. We worked in the garden and really cleaned it up. We swam in the pool and she did science projects with the kids and we had some really great conversations. She is a beautiful soul and I am lucky to have her.
I helped my mom cater a party at her house for my dad's band. They were all listening to the first draft of their new album. Pretty cool.
We had three pool parties at the pool. There was grilling and beer and lots of fun with friends.
I helped host a baby shower at my house and it was lovely.
We found a coral snake slithering across the grass right next to our driveway. It's the third one we've found this year. Apparently they are pretty reclusive and shy and you don't see many of them. I'm worried we must have a nest nearby. I am also deeply concerned because they don't even have or make the anti-venom for them any more in the U.S. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow about this fact. They are so poisonous, though their mouths are small. Still my kids and animals are small too, and those suckers are too pretty and quick for their own good.
We went to an amazing service at our little UU church.
And now we can start getting ready for a fabulous five and half day vacation to the beach for the 4th of July. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday