My Plate is Full

I like to feel competent. I like to accept responsibility, feel busy, purposeful, and helpful. This makes me say "yes" a lot. I like to say yes. But I have the feeling I'm going to have to say "no" pretty soon.
Right now I have three dogs and one is a puppy. I have two small children. I have a husband who is out of town A LOT lately and who will be leaving for another full week tomorrow. I am helping to throw (coordinate) my high school reunion and my best friends wedding in the next three weeks. I've also agreed to be lay leader at our UU church. I am on the board of a fantastic (busy) organization. I'm on three committees at our church. I have a part time job. I make a concerted effort to cook for my Grandparents. I'm chair of the Montessori fundraiser committee. I've agreed to teach music at the Montessori. And I just auditioned for a play. (Me! First audition in six years! And for a fun community theater where I hope to volunteer and become a part of in the future! This so deserves it's own post...)
These are things I want to do. I'm committed. I love having the freedom to do so many wonderful things. And so far they really aren't overwhelming. I'm happy and in control and I feel good. I think I can accomplish all and I don't think it will stress me out too much. (except maybe the puppy).
But I do think that my plate is full. I need to leave some room to play, be spontaneous, and enjoy this life I work so hard to make full and fun.
Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday