Visit with Grandma and Grandpa

We had a wonderful weekend with Michael's parents this last weekend. They came in on Friday afternoon. Davis was so excited when he saw them in the car at school pickup. A huge grin spread across his face and he leapt up pointing them out to his friends with such pride. It was great. That evening we had an impromptu dinner party when the rain ruined our swim plans. I was glad it rained because we had so much fun! Michael came in for the tail end of it (he was working in Cedar Park all last week) and caught the end of the fun.
Saturday we explored our local farmer's market, went to the local public library while I auditioned for our community theater's production of Amahl and the Night Visitors and then bought bbq plates in support of my friend Daniel's mayorial campaign. After lunch the men took the boys and Kade down to the river to fish. When rain ended that plan early we drove out to Tres Hermanas for an early dinner and then settled down to watch Cadillac Records. If you like the blues, I highly recommend the movie.
Sunday we all went to our church together and Martha and Clark headed back to Sugar Land. Michael and I are not-so-secretly lobbying to have them move closer. We love having them near and our kids think they hang the moon.
Michael is in Dallas this week again. So far this month he's spent every week working out of town. He may be gone again next week. At least he has a job, I suppose and a good one too, but we miss him.
I wish I had some pictures to put up with this post, but I didn't pull my camera out all weekend. Oh well. Next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday