Cooking


There has been a lot of cooking around here lately. The wedding was wonderful, but exhausting. It took me several days to feel like myself again, like maybe I wasn't going to have a breakdown. Michael spent another week out of town and I continued to try to keep up with and feel on top of everything.
When I am stressed, cooking is therapy for me. I put the ingredients together, sometimes from a recipe and sometimes from my imagination, and I do some spells and incantations and it turns into something at least edible and at most delicious. It feels good to make magic. It's restorative some how.
I have been cooking dinner for grandparents at least five times a week. I cooked for the bake sale for the kids' montessori school fundraiser. I did some canning- made beautiful hot-sweet peppers that are divine on sandwiches, salads, chicken and fish.
I suppose/hope that my kids will remember me in the kitchen with my red apron and the smell of spices in the air.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday