Sparkle Through the Night Party






For the last four months or so, I have been working on a fundraiser for the kids' school. I love, love, LOVE our montessori school and I really want to support it. The fundraiser would raise money for the scholarship fund and I really wanted to make it a success. I've been on the fundraising committee for three years and this year I was co-chair. We decided to throw a wine and food and silent auction party at my parents's house, Casa Pacifica. We called it "Sparkle Through the Night". I was the event planner for the party and my co-chair Elizabeth coordinated the silent auction. Several women on our committee were rock stars and we all worked and begged and donated and worked some more. We worked together in the trenches and I think we will all be good friends after all of this because of it.
The big night finally arrived and I think we created a really lovely event. The auction was bountiful and gorgeous, the kids had created artwork that some parents had matted and framed and we displayed them all over the house. The food was amazing (some was donated, but one mama and her sister created the bulk of it and it was awesome) and the wine and beer flowed. We did a fun raffle and people seemed to enjoy being at Casa Pacifica.
I flitted around and tried to make sure everyone was happy and nothing was going wrong. Michael was working at the bar and my parents were gracious hosts. I also got to at least spend several minutes enjoying the company of my friends. Again, I have to say how grateful I am to my amazing friends who came out to support us. So many friends came! How blessed I am to have so many good friends. I hope they all had fun.
I can't wait to find out how much money we made for the scholarship fund. And I'm so glad it is over!!! Now I've got to change hats and get ready to lead the service at our UU church this morning. My plate is full AND spinning. XO! Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday