Vegan

I've gone vegan. Mostly. I'm actually vegan+fish. I went vegan as a 21 day challenge with my sister in April. It made sense since I'm allergic to dairy, eggs and pork. Basically I just had to give up the other meats. I read "Skinny Bitch" and did some online research. I hoped a vegan diet would not only help my health, the environment (a biggie for me) and my karma, but would help keep my weight down.
I found some great vegan blogs and subscribed to them. I love Peas and Thank You, Vegan Faith, The Snarky Chickpea, The Lazy Smurfs Guide to Life.
I cheated while in Europe, but since we've been home, I've stuck with it. I love it. I feel good inside. Clean and fresh. I feel like I'm contributing to a better world. I'm giving a good example to my children.
Michael and the boys are mostly vegetarian as well. At home I cook vegan. At restaurants we order fish or the rest of my family eats vegetarian with eggs and cheese back in. So far everyone likes it. Sam LOVES tofu. He calls himself a tofu vacuum. I've used the Peas and Thank You cookbook almost exclusively since I got it and Michael thinks it's a miracle cookbook. Every single recipe we've made out of it has been a hit. I also love "Appetite for Reduction", and "The Conscious Cook".
So look forward to some new vegan recipes coming soon on the blog. And try them! Even as a "foodie"- someone who truly loves to try all foods, I used to be bored by vegetarian food. It just didn't sound good or filling to me. But I have discovered so many delicious flavors and food combinations. And they are filling! So there you go.
We'll see if this sticks or if I eventually change, but I will tell you right now that I love this choice and that's it's perfect for me right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday