There are a Lot of Scorpios Around Here





This week we celebrated lots of birthdays. My dad, Uncle Larry, my mom and my cousin's boyfriend all celebrate a birthday within a week of each other. And then next week we'll celebrate my grandmother's and our neighbor's. We had a special birthday ranch happy hour this week with a gift exchange and fancy cake. The boys made birthday presents (finger puppets and mandalas)and enjoyed their creation and wrapping. It was good fun.
Last night my dad's band played at Cheatham Street. Michael and I got a sitter and met our friends Anne, Jeff, Elizabeth and Zach at one of our newer restaurants in town called Vodka Street. The food was okay, and the martini's were very smooth, but the best part of the evening was getting to spend some grown-up time with our friends. After dinner we headed for Cheatham Street. The band was rockin' and there was a big crowd there to help celebrate my dad's birthday. There were so many people I knew from growing up in San Marcos and I hope their presence made my dad feel special on his special day.
We had a really, really good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday