More about my lady parts

I scheduled my hysterectomy today. For the last year I've been taking depo provera to help with my endometriosis, cysts and chronic pelvic pain. It has helped tremendously, but the side effects have been awful. Though I run 4 miles every other day, do pilates and eat vegan, I have gained 20 pounds (average they say for depo), suffered daily headaches and mood swings and lost my libido. And with all that, the pain never went away, it just got better than it was. After lots of thinking and pondering and talking to doctors, I decided to day to have a full hysterectomy. Goodbye, ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix, hello menopause. It's a hell of trade off, but I'm thinking it can't be worse than depo. And maybe I'll be over all my issues and you'll never have to hear about my ladies parts again. I'm nervous about the surgery (what if I die on the table?????), but I know it's a routine surgery done all the time and I trust my doctor. I'll still be womanly right?

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh wow, Amber. That is a big decision, and I'm sure it wasn't an easy one to make. But of course you'll still be an amazing woman (loving wife and mother, loyal daughter, trusted girl friend)...and a wonderful, soulful human being!!!
Let me know if I can be of help pre/post surgery. Love you-Marchelle

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday