Austin Mini Maker Faire

I woke up this morning having had a really rough night. I've been having a hard time sleeping lately.


Michael and I took turns going on a run and then cleaned the house and did some house chores. Then we decided to try and have some fun. We drove to the library and checked out some books and movies and then drove up to Austin. We had lunch at the vegan counter at Whole Foods and then did a lot of grocery shopping. While we were there we saw a flier for the Austin Mini Maker Faire and realized it was going on today. On the spur of the moment, we threw the groceries into the cooler in the back of the car and drove over to the Faire.
Michael and the boys loved it. There was so much to see and try and do. They played basketball with a robot and met R2D2. They did spin art and played with small machines and learned how to make a bird feeder. They rode a dinosaur rocking horse and a bat bicycle. After a while I got hot, headachy and really all done. I had just pushed it too hard today. We were supposed to drive up to north austin to spend some time with old friends, but I just didn't have it in me so we hopped in the car and drove home. We did make a quick stop and voted for school board, but quickly arrived at home.
And then for some ridiculous reason I thought it would be a good idea to make a complicated dinner. I had promised Sam I would make it after he picked it out of a cookbook and I had the ingredients, but I should have just let that plan go and rested. I didn't. I made blackened broiled tofu, coconut butternut brown rice and jerk asparagus. It was awesome and we all loved it, but now I'm totally exhausted. Still it was a good day and I think we made good memories. Now I need to rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday