Brussel Sprouts with Chili Sauce

I made up a new recipe on Monday and it was surprisingly awesome. Michael and I had ordered the fried brussel sprouts from the East Side Kings trailer at the food festival and I wanted to try and recreate it. I didn't succeed in doing that, but I did make something that we'll make over and over again. Michael and I both couldn't get enough of it.
I took a fresh bag of brussel sprouts and quartered them. Then I threw them on a cookie sheet with a light spray of Pam on it and roasted them at 375 degrees for a long time. Over half an hour. I basically cooked them until they were more brown than green. I'd never cooked them that long before, but they were really golden brown in the East Side Kings dish so I figured I'd try it. When they were done I threw them in a bowl and added about a cup of fresh chopped mint, basil and cilantro. You can play with the herbs to your own liking. I also lightly salted the whole thing. When it was time for lunch we took out the corn/flour mix tortillas, spread a thin layer of cilantro jalepeno hummus, (any hummus would do, but this elevated the whole thing) and topped it with the brussel sprout/herb mixture. Then we poured some sweet chili sauce over the top and ate it up. It was so good. Try it and tell me what you think. It's so easy. If you don't have sweet chili sauce in your fridge, you should get some. It's great mixed with a little coconut milk as a dip for sweet potato fries. I also hear it's good on chicken, but I haven't tried it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday