SMMS Scholarship Fundraiser



I'm the chair of the fundraising committee at the montessori school and today was our big fundraiser. We did a silent auction at the Texas Swing Festival. It was so much work. So. much. work. I've spent all year working on this, but the last two months have been crazy. I got there at 8AM this morning and got home at 5:45PM. It's the longest I've been on my feet since the surgery.
It turned out great! Our auction packages were good and the committee I worked with all worked hard did a great job. Michael helped out by face painting for a couple of hours and Davis went around telling people to come check out our auction. A couple of our good friends came by and it meant so much. The kids had a blast running around the festival with their friends. The festival is wonderful and the weather was perfect. And I bought a great package with 24 passes to our favorite summer hangout the Jumpy Place. We made a lot of money and our take from the whole year's worth of fundraising is our best ever. All the money goes to the scholarship fund. I love that we are going to be able to help so many families.
But best thing is, it's over! I took a shower and now I'm going to have a BIG cocktail. So glad I have the summer to rest and relax until we start again in the fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday