Brown Rice with Roasted Veg sauce and chickpeas

I made up a dinner tonight and it turned out delicious. It was cheap. It was healthy. The kids thanked me over and over for making it. So I thought I'd write it down here so I'd remember what I did and share it with you guys too.

Ingredients
4 cups cooked brown rice
2 pds eggplant, peeled
2 bell peppers, cored
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 can of tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained.

Method:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut eggplant, peppers and onion into 1 inch chunks. Put cut vegetables onto roasting pan or cookie sheet, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on vegetables. Cook for 40 minutes at 400. Stir occasionally.

When vegetables are done, put them in the food processor along with the half can of tomato sauce and teaspoon of cumin. Whir into a thick dip consistency, a little chunky.
Put in a pot over low heat and add can of chickpeas. Heat through.
Serve sauce with chickpeas over the brown rice. The kids put theirs in a tortilla. I put some of my homemade sweet/hot jalepenos on top. It was very yummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday