New Years Resolutions

We are home. Things are good. The house is clean and Christmas is put away. I downloaded and edited all the photos and grocery shopped and caught up on laundry and correspondence. The kids are in school, and Michael is back to work. Michael and I have been eating super clean and healthy and working out and I have attained my lowest weight and fittest body in my life. It's a clean start to the new year. Somehow, though, I feel a bit adrift.
I've spent the last few months feeling just a little bit unhappy, or tense, or just clenched. I wonder how much of that has to do with going through menopause this year. Am I just missing my hormones? Or is it more?
I don't know. I know I am blessed. I know I am very lucky. So I need to find ways to embrace the world. I need to stay in the moment more. I need to appreciate the here and NOW. Michael's new year resolution was patience, and it is one I share. I need more patience in my day to day life with the people I love and care for. I also need patience with the world. I need to quit looking ahead and enjoy now.
But I think my real resolution this year is to unclench. I am holding on way too tight to control. I feel like if I let go and let be, then everything that I love will slip away. I'm so afraid of losing the things that I love that I am not truly exploring and enjoying them as they are now.
And I resolve to try and be less sensitive. I am way, way, way too sensitive and that is an unfair burden both on myself and the ones I love. I need (always) to work on letting things roll off.
I can do all that right?
I also hope to continue to explore my spirituality, be a better caretaker, a better partner to my husband. Michael and I are going to work on being the best parents we can be and are even considering foster care. I want to volunteer more and give more.
And of course, I want to throw parties and be social and travel more! We've got trips planned to the beach, to the caribbean, to Taos and to New York. I think I can fit a few more little side trips in there, don't you?
I think 2013 is going to be a wonderful year. I'm going to relax, appreciate and enjoy all that it brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday