Let the Good Times Roll











We had a fun, fast weekend. Friday night we attended CASA's mardi gras themed fundraiser at Dick's classic car garage. It was a lot of fun and they had a great auction. I wore my new designer dress and Michael and I had a wonderful date.
Saturday morning we worked out and cleaned and then took the kids to their swim lesson and had lunch out at Chipotle. When we got home I cooked a big pot of vegan gumbo and we decorated the house for Mardi Gras. That evening we hosted a Mardi Gras potluck. Everyone wore their beads and we drank Pimm's cups and chatted and the kids ran around in costumes. It was pretty awesome. We had gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya, collard greens, cornbread, slaw, spinach salad with fried oysters and king cake. The Gardeners found the baby. I had so much fun.
Sunday morning, I was lay leader at church and gave a reflection on reproductive justice. Michael and I also sang in the choir and performed several songs including Seasons of Love. It was well received and we enjoyed it. After church we had a wonderful lunch with piano music at Tres Hermanas with mom and dad. We came home and built a fire and I worked at my desk while the kids played at my parents' house. We spend the evening watching The Never Ending Story with the boys. It came out when I was seven and is probably one of my most favorite movies in the world. I always looked forward to someday sharing it with my children and yesterday was the day. The loved it and so did I. It was a great family movie night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday