Long days of summer


This has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. Not bad, but really long. I'm tired this evening so this post may reflect that.
Michael is in Dallas all week. It looks like he'll be in Dallas for the rest of the month. It's a good thing we have lots of PTO on the schedule. My parents were off this morning for their vacation.
I've been spending all my days with the kids even when I'm working (I have understanding bosses :). Cub scout camp fell through, but the boys have been so good and helpful and easy going so I don't mind. (most of the time- sometimes I bark at them, but in general all has been happy). I did manage to sign them up for daily art class from 1-2:30 every day and they love it and I enjoy the break (and it's free!). Last Friday my dad and I took the boys to see Epic in 3D. This was only the third movie we've ever taken the kids to see in the movie theater and we all really enjoyed it.
Mostly the kids spend their summer days reading, morning, noon and night. They swim in the afternoons. They do lots of lots of art and they roam around outside and hunt for sparkly rocks and then wash them and collect them. (The clutter is oppressing.) We are watching So You Think You Can Dance together and the kids love it as much or even more than I do. I've been taking Lilliana to camp each day and packing her a lunch. The kids adore her and it is nice to have her around.
I already miss my mom. Michael seems to be having fun in the evenings in Dallas and making the most of it. (grumble, grumble). I miss him too.
I hosted happy hour today and it was nice to have people over. It is a wonderful tradition. I also cooked a lot today. I made zucchini chocolate chip muffins for our beach trip next week. I made a shaved beet and carrot salad and a baba ganoush dip for happy hour. I'm getting lots of good veggies from the ranch garden now. This is the best season for veggies.
I've used my free time planning travel. I like to have some kind of travel jaunt for each month of the year (that's the goal- even if it's just a weekend away somewhere) and I have to work around Michael's work schedule, mine, the kids, the grandparents and our budget. Still, it's fun for me to do. It's my favorite hobby. We have two fun trips coming up in the next two weeks and I have been trying to think through all the details.
And that's all. I'm looking forward to spending my weekend by the pool and helping Michael, my father-in-law and my Gramp celebrate father's day.
I'm really loving summer and the company of my boys, but I'll love it even more when my husband gets home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday