Overnight Oats

I have recently discovered "overnight oats", and they have made my life so much easier that I had to share. If you have early mornings, and are expected to provide breakfast, and you don't try these, then you are crazy-pants! They are especially perfect for hot weather as they are served cold.
Overnight oats are so easy, you don't even need a recipe. They are vegan and gluten free friendly and YOU DON'T HAVE TO COOK.
1.
The Ratio is one cup of rolled oats to one and a half cups of liquid. You can use any kind of liquid- milk, cream, coconut milk, almond milk, even orange juice.
2.
Then you put in some flavor. Maybe a spoonful of chia seeds, or a scoop of jam, or a tablespoon or two of maple syrup, agave nectar, honey, vanilla, a dash of cinnamon or lime zest. You can also add protein powder or nuts or dried fruits. Whatever you think sounds good will work.
3.
Cover the bowl with saran wrap and stick it in your fridge overnight. If you need something to go, you can put it in two mason jars, but I just keep it in the bowl I mix it in, and then put it in the kids' bowls in the morning.
4.
In the morning, you scoop it into a bowl and add fresh toppings if you want. You can add fruit, or peanut butter, or some crunchy granola.

It's so easy and we all love it! This week so far I've made it twice. On Monday I stirred in my oats, almond milk, a tbsp of chia seeds and some chocolate protein powder. In the morning I stirred in some maple syrup and topped with granola. Today I stirred in my oats, canned coconut milk and a big dollop of strawberry jam. This morning I added shredded coconut to the top and another teaspoon of jam. It was beautiful and delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday