Smoky Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas Brussel Sprouts

A recipe! I made this the other day and it turned out so well! It was easy, healthy and a complete meal that my entire family happily inhaled. I thought you might want to try it for Christmas dinner. If you left off the chickpeas, it would be a great side.

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs Brussel sprouts (ends removed and quartered)
1 can chickpeas
4 large sweet potato (peeled and cubed small)
3 T coconut oil
3 T maple syrup
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup halved pecans
1 large avocado

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350.
Add the cubed sweet potato and the quartered Brussel sprouts, as well as the rinsed and drained chickpeas to a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix all the vegetables well so they are completely coated.
Spread the vegetables onto a lined baking sheet. I used two as I had lots of veggies!
Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stopping halfway to stir the vegetables around.
Meanwhile, toast the pecans until brown and fragrant.
I added cubed avocado and the pecan pieces to the bowls after I had plated them.
Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday