Davis is Ten



My sweet, thoughtful eldest child is ten. He is growing so tall and handsome! He is smart and competitive and loyal and sensitive and brave and outgoing and social. I am so proud of who he is becoming. His birthday was on Tuesday and he had to take the STAAR test that day. He was very stressed and I was sorry it interfered with his big day. That afternoon, my parents gave him a skateboard and he was so happy. He hasn't let go of it yet. That child is kinesthetically gifted if I do say so myself and this was a great gift for him. (I know I'm bragging, but it's a birthday post, so forgive me.)
We celebrated him at family happy hour with a pumpkin spice cake and presents and he loved it. Then he went outside and rode his skateboard some more.
That night he cried when we put him to bed. I climbed in with him and held him. He told me he didn't want to turn 10 after all. He just wasn't ready to be grown up. He wants to stay a kid. I held him close and stroked his forehead and promised him that he didn't need to be grown up yet. That he could be a kid for a long, long time and that he will always be my baby. Then Michael came in and snuggled with him and told him the same. It's nice to be able to still make everything better for my boy.
They say that time will go so fast when they are babies and I believed them intellectually and tried to stay in the moment and take lots of pictures, but I didn't really understand. Time is going SO FAST. My little boy is growing so fast and there is nothing I can do but try to stay in the moment and appreciate it all, good times and bad.
I love him so much and hope he has nothing but joy this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday