This Week in Littleton


This week, the moving truck arrived. Mom and I worked like devils from dawn to dusk unloading and unpacking and cleaning and breaking down boxes. It was the hardest I've ever worked, I think. Michael got back into town on Friday and mama left on Saturday. I hated, hated, hated watching her leave. I wish she would live here with us forever. But she went on to Taos and we stayed here to settle in. She will come back and visit lots, I hope.
We opened presents briefly on Sunday Funday and then worked on the house some more.
Monday evening we got a sitter service to watch our kids since Samuel had a fever and Michael and I hosted our friend Tracy and Tate for happy hour and then we went to Red Rocks to see Ferris Bueller's Day off. We tailgated and made merry and made it through half the show before we had to come home to relieve the babysitter.
Davis and Samuel are in camp this week and LOVE it. Sam couldn't go until yesterday due to the fever, but he had a wonderful time yesterday. It's Renaissance adventure camp which is apparently very much like dungeons and dragons camp. They go on quests and have powers and points and have battles with foam swords etc. They love it.
Our house is mostly done. I bought a new dresser for Davis and hung a ton of pictures and we put new blinds on all the windows and put up shelving and repaired many of the odd items in the house. We got new bar stools for kitchen and dining room. They are putting in our bar downstairs today and then it will feel really done.
I have gotten new pediatricians for the boys and a vet for the dogs. I've figured out how to transfer our car title and licenses and where the public library is. I've gotten a loyalty card to our new grocery store.
The kids play with our neighbors every day and never want to come in at night. They love their friends and they are in and out of each other's houses all day. They scoot around the neighborhood on the razors and are learning to play street hockey.
This weekend I hope to go the farmer's market and a mountain park somewhere. I think we are settling in.

Comments

cheris said…
It sounds perfect! I'm so happy for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday