Sacred Springs Pow-wow



We flew to Texas really early in the morning on Saturday in order to get to San Marcos in time for the Sacred Springs Powwow. My dad started this powwow years ago and every year we continue to support it and help put it on. Every year they invite us to come dance. This year was extra special. When my dad died we asked for donations to the organization that puts this powwow together. We hoped that people would make this powwow grow in Dad's memory. They had an honor dance for him and we invited family and friends to come dance with us. Many people came out and joined us. It was a blur. Tiffany and I ended up crying through the whole dance. Michael danced with mom. Then I had to make a speech. I didn't know I was going to make a speech and I don't really remember what I said, but hopefully it went okay. We didn't stay long after. It was too emotional and it was hot and mom's foot is broken and the ground is very uneven. We ran by Taco Cabana and came home and had lunch instead. But I was really touched and it was very special and I am very grateful for everyone who came out and danced with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday