Denver Art Museum- Power of Costumes- Star Wars


Yesterday I sang at church. I have a cold and my infected thumb and it wasn't my best performance, but I was there and did my best. I love our church and the people.

After church we drove downtown. Sam handed out homeless kits he made at church. We had lunch at Torchy's- a little bit of home. Then we went over to the Denver Art Museum. We are members thanks to my mama and so we thought we'd spend some time in the galleries. This was the last day of winter break and they had backpacks full of activities for the kids, plus lots of "creative corners" where the kids could create something based on the art in the gallery. They made postcards, built bridges and added layers of pictures to create landscapes.

When we arrived we asked if there were any walk in tickets to see the Star Wars costumes exhibit which was sold out online. There were! We surprised the children and after an hour in the museum, our ticket time arrived and we were able to enter the exhibit. It was extremely impressive and the boys (Michael included) loved it. We spent over an hour in the exhibit.
It was a great way to spend a snowy Denver day. I was exhausted when we got home and went right to bed, but I call it a success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday