Snowshoe Hike to Mill's Lake


We went on a 5.2 mile hike in the Rocky Mountain National Park to Mill's Lake. We went through the YMCA so we had a guide. We ended up being the only ones who showed up so we got a private guide! Davis and I wore snowshoes and Michael and Sam wore spikes on their boots. It was an amazing day with copious amounts of sunshine and blue skies. The weather was cool, but never cold and as we hiked we warmed up. The kids did very well and didn't complain much. The lake was frozen when we got to the top and the kids loved sliding all over it. It felt so magical the whole time. I loved crunching through the snow on tree lined trails. I felt like I was in the middle of a storybook. The hike had some beautiful vistas and a few challenging places, but was overall perfect. I can't wait to do more hikes in the mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday