Snow, Soup Swap, Weekend



Last weekend was cold and snowy. Like it's January in Colorado, I guess, but this is the coldest, snowiest winter we've had yet.
Friday night the kids went to Snobahn and then watched Wonderstruck for family movie night in the lounge by the fire. Saturday, Davis had Owen's birthday party at Main event and coincidentally, we had plans to go to Main Event with Suzy while she kept Christin's kids while Christin was in the hospital. We all hung out at Main Event while the kids played, sipping club soda and playing Catan. It passed the time and the kids had a blast.
Saturday evening, we hosted Catan night and had a splendid time.
Sunday was church, where I sang with a quartet, and then Davis and Michael went to cyber patriot practice while I tidied up the house. That evening, I hosted soup swap and Michael took the boys to Snobahn. Soup swap was really fun and we had a good crowd of women. The soups were all delicious sounding and satisfying swaps were had. That evening, Michael and I watched Outlander and sipped red wine while the kids played fortnite.
Monday, the forecast was for light snow, maybe up to an inch. The forecast was really wrong. It POURED down snow. Michael was trying to fly out to DC for work and had a terrible time. His lyft failed to come get him, his back up uber driver refused to drive him all the way to the airport, the bus was over an hour late. He missed his flight and got put on a flight connecting through Chicago where a thousand flights were already cancelled. He finally made it out to D.C. on a different flight, but his bags didn't arrive until the next day. I didn't drive Sam into school until 11AM. We got 5 inches in about 4 hours. It was a lot.
Now it is sunny and gorgeous, though still cold. It's been 10 degrees with windchill of 0 every morning, but today it should heat up to about 45. I'm hopeful the snow melts enough to let me get out and run tomorrow.
Today is auditions for Sam's school musical, The Little Mermaid. He is auditioning for the role of Scuttle and has been practicing all week. I think he's terrific, of course. I am helping with the show and will be at auditions, but I won't have a say on his casting to be fair to the others. I've got my fingers crossed for him though!
Marcie and Ann and the kids are supposed to drive up here tomorrow and spend the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday