Davis wants a Doll


When my friend Davis was two years old
He wanted a doll, to hug and hold
"A doll," said Davis, "is what I need
To wash and clean, and dress and feed

"A Doll to give a bottle to
And put to bed when day is through
And any time my doll gets ill
I"ll take good care of it," said my friend Davis

He was tired of watching Mommy nurse Sam and hold Sam and love on Sam. He wanted to have his own baby. So I did what any mother would do. I loaded my boys into the car and took them to Target and let Davis pick out his own baby. (I wish it had been this easy getting Sam.) Davis picked out a pink doll with a pink stroller and a pink pacifier. The pacifier was important. He knew that babies needed those and he knew that Mommy NEVER let him play with Sam's pacifiers. He loves his doll very much. And he takes care of it. Whenever I nurse Sam, Davis brings his baby doll over to me and tells me, "Nurse, nurse MINE baby doll!" and so I pretend to, but he insists that I lift my shirt and everything. He really pays attention to detail. And Michael and I are really okay with the pink baby and Davis' love for it because we watched Free to Be and we know that:

when he has a baby one day,
He'll know how to dress it, put diapers on double
And gently caress it to bring up a bubble
And care for his baby as every good father
Should learn to do.

Davis has a doll, Davis has a doll
'Cause someday he is going to be a father, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LNwUjd0gLo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday