Altar Boyz


Michael and I had the opportunity to see Altar Boyz last night. It was wonderful! It was the national touring production and we saw it at the Gammage theater which is the last design of Frank Lloyd Wright. That was a treat in itself. The show was marvelous though. It's about a christian boy band trying to save souls through their hip-hop/rock performances. The characters are Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan and Abraham. It's totally tongue-in-cheek. The choreography is fun and really, really good and difficult. These boys could sing! Usually in a touring performance there is one person or maybe two who can sing and everyone else is mediocre, but this time EVERYONE was phenomenal. Here is a link to the show, Altar Boyz. If it is coming anywhere near you, you should check it out. And here is a link to a review that shared my sentiments, Review Shoot! I see it already came to Texas. Did anybody see it? What did you think? Here are some of my favorite quotes with the help of wikipedia:
Mark: "Are Jews even allowed in church?" Abraham: "I think so. I just saw one on the cross above the altar."
Abraham: "...how the group has evolved." Matthew: "Don't... say evolved..."
Luke: "Yo, stay away from her Lar-- no matter how Mary Magdalicious she might be lookin'.
What a fun date night! I hope to get the CD soon and add it to my IPOD so I can jam out to the tunes in my car. It inspires me to see good theatre. I love it so. There is something so nice about listening to people sing together who are truly talented. Makes me want to get up and find a way to sing again. We shall see. Love ya, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday