Barbecue Salmon

China Grill Barbecue Salmon
35 min | 15 min prep | SERVES 4 (Change Servings)
This recipe came from the China Grill in Miami Beach and I found it in the South Beach Diet Cookbook. Then I changed it up and created something new with it. It originally called for a Chinese mustard, but Michael and I love Wasabi Mayo so much, that I chose to use that instead. I also had turnips from my local box I hadn't used yet and so I threw those in and it was so good. Michael told me I could make this recipe every week it was so good. I hope you enjoy it! This would be considered Phase 3 on South Beach if you care about things like that.

* 1 1/2 lbs skin on salmon fillets(four 6 oz. fillets)
* 3/4 cup already made barbecue sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

Vegetables

* 1/2 head napa cabbage
* 3 small turnips, cut into matchsticks
* 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 lb oyster mushrooms, chopped
* 1/2 cup white wine(or sake)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

To make Salmon, preheat the grill(or broiler). Leave the skin on the salmon, if desired.
Start grilling the salmon to the desired doneness(3-6 minutes each side) and baste with barbecue sauce as you are grilling (or broiling). If grilling with skin, grill skin side down until the skin is crispy, then turn over and continue basting with barbecue sauce mixture.

To make the vegetables, take out the hard bottom center of the greens. Slice greens thinly. Heat a saucepan over high heat, add oil and saute cabbage, turnips, and mushrooms quickly(about 3-4 minutes). They should remain crisp. Before taking the veggies out of the pan, deglaze with the white wine or sake, for a different twist, rice wine vinegar(by adding wine to bottom of pan, stirring and scraping bottom). Add salt and pepper.

To plate, place the sauteed vegetables in the center of each plate. Place five or six dots of Wasabi Mayo around the veggies. Put the salmon on top of the veggies. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday