Happiness



I'm happy. It's not something grand that's making me happy. It's the little things. I really love our new home. I'm on top of things. I'm relatively organized. My house is relatively clean. The kids are fun (most of the time) and they are really starting to play together. The dogs are starting to play together too, and it's really fun to be outside for everyone. Everyone is getting along.
Davis and Sam are eagerly anticipating Easter. Davis knows all about the Easter Bunny and Sam LOVES the plastic eggs. We're having a practice easter egg hunt Saturday at the river and I know the kids will love that.
I'm not saying that it is easy. It's not. I started this post with Sam screaming at my feet, though now he's quiet since I'm stuffing him with banana. He's getting his molars in and they are hurting him and he's taking that out on the people around him. And of course the kids fight or drive me crazy, but when that happens I have family around. We can go visit GiGi and Gramp or run over to watch Uncle Larry on the tractor. Yesterday the kids and I were about to go crazy and Mom called and told us to come over and visit since she had some friends over. I loaded those kids up with no shoes or anything and we ended up having a great hour on her patio where I fed them chips and apple slices and cheese for dinner and had a great time.
I have met some friends here and kept my friends in Austin and I'm hoping as we settle in here that we can establish a regular playgroup for the boys. I'm also planning on getting them in some swimming lessons ASAP and that should be fun.
I do miss Michael, since he's always working. The commute is long and the hours are often late. This week has been nice though, since he was working downtown Austin and could often be home in time to see the kids and help with bed time routine. Of course, then he disappears in his office and works till one in the morning, but at least he's home. When he starts bringing home the big bucks (when, oh when????!), then it will all be worth it. And he does LOVE his job.
So there's another reason to be happy. Michael loves his job and I love him. Our kids are getting easier and more fun, (though still really hard sometimes!) and family is abundant. I adore the new house and feel so good here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday