We have Big Boys!


Davis is officially potty trained!!!! Woohoo! Last week I told Davis that he was too big to wear diapers and that he was going to wear big boy underwear and pee and poop in the potty. He half heartedly disagreed, but then went for it. I pulled out his little potty and put it in his room and he was set. From that point on, he never used a diaper again (except at night) or had an accident. He loves the independence of it all and loves his new Thomas the Train underwear. (he's totally obsessed with Thomas right now). He even fights me at night about the diaper. He says, "Mommy, did you forget? I wear big boy underwear now!". I promised him that if he keeps his diaper dry at night for two weeks then he can sleep in underwear. We shall see how long it takes for that to happen.
I am so proud. And so relieved! When we tried in October it was such a battle. This time it was so completely easy. Every one told me that if we waited till he was older it would be a cinch. I believe them now.
And Sam has learned two new words this week. Pee pee and poop. Along with a bazillion more. I swear that child knows at least forty words. I just point to pictures in books now and he tells me what they are. I took a video of me asking him to say words and him showing off. I'll post it ASAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday