Out of the Mouths of Babes




Sammy has finally adopted a lovie. It's a soft stuffed dog and he's carrying it around everywhere. This sparked a new discussion.
"What's Sammy's lovie?", I asked Davis, in order to teach him so he wouldn't go and snatch it away.
"It's his dog.", he replied.
"What's your lovie?", I asked.
"It's my black lovie!", said Davis. (It's an old dark grey, ratty t-shirt I used to nurse in.)
"What's Mommy's lovie?" I was curious to see what he said.
"Mommy's lovie is Daddy!", announced Davis.
"What's Daddy's lovie?"
"Daddy's lovie is his computer!"

In a different conversation, I told Davis he was my best friend.
"No, you're, not.", he said, "Daddy's my best friend! You take care of us. You take care of Daddy, and Sammy and me. You help us cross the street."
Ah, our roles defined three year old style.

Comments

Cheris said…
Baaahahahahaaaa!
Does he know Violet's daddy has the same lovie as his daddy?

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday