Beaching it

We're at the beach.
I spent all yesterday cooking and packing and loading. I made muffins and two roasted chickens and black beans and a summer veggie chili and hard boiled a ton of eggs. I packed sunscreen and books and diapers and toys and clothes and monitors and lovies and dvd's and computers and chargers and coolers. And then I bathed the children and dressed them in their jammies and then I loaded the car.
When Michael came home we were ready to go. We got on the road and fled for the beach. The plan for having the children sleep on the way down was a dismal failure, but they were pretty good anyway. We didn't care. We were on our way to the beach!
We arrived late and put the kids in their beds.
We woke up this morning to the sound of the surf and seagulls. We threw on our beach clothes and went down the sand where we built sand castles and jumped the waves. We're about to load up and go to down to have lunch.
This afternoon, my friends Cheris and Rob and their children Violet and Graham are coming to join us. You may remember our last beach trip together last summer. And my mom and dad are joining us as well. It's going to be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday