Headed for NOLA



Remember that Christmas present from my parents that involved us going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with my sister and brother in law and without my children? Well, we're going!
It was touch and go as to whether we would actually make it there with Sam being so sick and my own sinus problems. But Sam is feeling better every day and while I think the blood thing will be here for a while, he's more active and hungry and I know my mom will take great care of him. I'm on some great new drugs and did not have to have the procedure done on my sinuses (yet) so Wooohoo! Hopefully I'll be feeling soon.
I'm still really torn. Should I go or should I stay. It's hard enough to leave my boys when they are well, but Michael and my mom keep telling me that it will be fine and that I should go. I'm so excited and I want to rock this vacation! I'm terrified and guilty about leaving my baby!
But I'm thrilled about visiting one of my favorite cities and I've never been to Mardi Gras or seen the parades so that will be great. I can't wait to go on vacation with my sister and Keith. We've never been on vacation just the four of us. I've been looking forward to this since the moment I heard of it and was counting down the days until Sam got sick. I'm also really, really excited about getting some sleep. I can sleep all. night. long. I can't remember the last time I did that.
Davis is so excited to go on vacation with his Mimi and PaPaw and his cousin Kade. I'm not worried about him at all. I know he'll have a great time.
So here we go! Wish Sam continuing healing vibes and wish my mom strength and patience and wish my plane ride not be excruciating. If I can get those three things then this will be awesome. I'll let you know how it goes.
XXOO, Amber
P.S. Can I just give a shout out to my mom and dad for being awesome? For giving us an amazing trip for Christmas and for keeping my boys and being calm and confident and pushing me out the door. I'm so lucky. Love you guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday