2009 Wrap Up and 2010 Resolutions

In 2009 Davis learned to ride a bike, we went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with Tiff and Keith, I planted my first garden, Sam had salmonella and Davis got stitches, I attended my ten year college reunion, we hosted a huge Walter family reunion, we spent two weeks in Canada with mom and dad, Davis and Sam both learned to swim, we spent lots of weekends with friends and family in Port A, lots of weekends in Houston with the in-laws, we potty trained Sam, we went to New Orleans with mom and dad and no kids for a long weekend, Davis continued his second year of Montessori and exploded with new knowledge and Sam started his first year, Michael squeaked in under the wire with a pretty new Volvo.
2009 was a year of spirituality and family. My husband worked out of town for huge portions of the year. This gave me the opportunity to work on patience and to focus on the kids.
Personally, I really worked on my spirituality this year and made significant changes in my life. I joined a gym and became physically fit with a focus on Yoga. I cooked a lot this year and finally wrote my cookbook. I fell in love with the Twilight series of books. I stayed committed to my book group and worked on maintaining and fostering friendships.
This year I have a few New Year resolutions. As part of my dedication to spiritual growth I want to:
Limit the poisons I put in my body. Less caffeine, alcohol and sugar.
Limit the amount of negativity in my life. Less malicious gossip, negative people and violence in media.
Meditate more.
Open my mind to more possibility.
Stay in the moment.
I also want to try another garden, yell less, eat and create slow food, learn to sew, stay informed in current events, be more patient.
We'll see how I do.
Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday