White Martini


This is the recipe for deadly and delicious White Martini. My dad and I fell in love with these in France. Michael and I spent two weeks there with my parents before we had children and we enjoyed going from bar to cafe searching for the perfect White Martini. When we came home we could never again find another. I searched periodically for the recipe, but could never find it either.
Finally last November I did some deep google searches and ran across this recipe. We mixed a batch up on Christmas Eve. They were delicious! I know what you are thinking, you don't like gin. I don't like gin either! But I love these! They are strong though, so be prepared. Make one and let me know what you think.
Cocktail shaker
Ice
2 parts gin
1 part Cointreau
1 part lemon juice
Martini glass
Lemon wedge
1 tbsp. sugar (for rim of glass)
Olive (optional)

· Step 1
Fill your cocktail shaker with ice.

· Step 2
Measure out your gin, Cointreau and lemon juice, and pour them into the cocktail shaker.

· Step 3
Shake your cocktail mixture well.

· Step 4
Rim your martini glass by taking a lemon wedge and rubbing it around the rim of your martini glass, then dip it into the sugar. (I found a thick rim of sugar really makes the drink)

· Step 5
Pour your cocktail mixture from the cocktail shaker into your rimmed glass. Garnish your drink with an olive, if you desire. Drink and enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday