Four Seasons and Guy Forsythe, Carolyn Wonderland Holiday Show





Last night was awesome, ya'll. Michael and I drove up to Austin and met my parents at the Four Seasons where they were celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary. We were planning to have drinks and appetizers in the bar, but it was packed, so we ended up going downstairs to the restaurant for dinner. I'm so glad we did. The food was amazing! I got three sides, quinoa with trumpet mushrooms and chard, broiled broccolini with chili flakes and the best rosemary steak fries I've ever had in my life. They were so crispy and salty and delicious! We laughed and laughed and had a great time.
After dinner we drove over to the Long Center to go see the Guy Forsythe, Carolyn Wonderland Holiday show. We had a table for four placed directly in front of the stage. Michael and I have been huge fans of Guy for years and years. We were both thrilled to attend. The show was seriously my favorite concert EVER. Carolyn and Guy were fabulous together. We loved watching the bass player and drummer goof off together. Carolyn's phrasing on Silent Night rocked my world and Guy played the whole first verse of that song on the saw. It was a perfect blues, Christmas-y, rocking' time.
We dropped my parents off at the Four Seasons after the show and listened to the CD we bought at the show all the way home. It was pretty much a perfect date night. Thanks so much to my parents for letting us share their anniversary night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday