Cocoon

I think I'm going to withdraw for a week or two. I am glad to be back home and had a really wonderful holiday, but now it is time for some quiet.
I'm on my allergy cleanse which I truly despise, but which I desperately need. No booze, no sugar, no lots of things, and, starting this Sunday, nothing but shakes and greens for a week. This makes me not want to be around people who are eating and drinking so I stay home a lot. It also makes me grumpy and tired so it's a good thing I'm isolating myself.
And my job has been hard this week. Alzheimer's really sucks and it is so hard for the person suffering from it and for the people who love them and want to take care of them.
I'm exhausted.
So I'm going into my cocoon and I'll come out a cleansed, cheerful butterfly. Right?
We still have a few plans. We're going to the farmer's market in Austin tomorrow so I can stock up on greens and then we'll go ride our bikes with the cub scouts on the veloway for a couple of hours. I plan to do some playdates with our friends.
But mostly just cocoon. XO, me

Comments

Martha said…
Sometime life sucks !!! But I know you and how you will bounce back just gusto. Love you, Martha
Heather said…
It makes perfect sense that you'd want to cocoon right now. I'm sorry this week was hard. :(
Good luck with the cleanse. I'm about to start a month-long cleanse--my first ever--and I'm nervous. Currently doing a week of simplification...
xoxoxoxo
cheris said…
Oh I'm all about the cocoon, you know me. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday