Ah, Texas


Last weekend, I took off Friday's professional development day and the kids and I fly to Austin on Thursday night. We arrived around midnight and mom picked us up and took us to the ranch. It was so good to be home!
Friday morning, the kids swam and I walked the ranch with mama. Then Michael flew in and we had other Michael pick him up and bring him to the ranch. The party was ready to begin. We went out for tex-me lunch at the The Palms (Casa Maria was closed) and then came back home. I visited GG and then let Davis drive the truck on the ranch before running a quick errand to Hobby Lobby. We stopped at a gas station and picked up a Big Red soda so the kids could taste it. They hated it, but I thought it was fun to show them their Texas heritage in a soda, lol.
That afternoon, Cheris and the kids came over and we all visited and sipped champagne and had a lovely evening. Mom had people coming in and out to get ready for her big house concert on Sunday and so the evening felt lively and fun.
The next morning we had a visit from some family friends and I got to hold and cuddle a 5 pound 3 day old baby. It was the best! Then Lilliana arrived and we got to go get her ready for her military ball. I did her makeup and mom had bought her an incredible custom gown. She was so beautiful! Michael and the boys spent the morning at a play date with our good friends, the Rios's. When they got home, Mom, Michael and I went to visit our rent house and meet our new renters. Then later that afternoon Rob and Cheris and the kids came down. We had so much fun being with our friends! Shortly after that, Manie and Sean drove down from Austin and Uncle Larry joined them. We had raw oysters and snacks and bbq. We played bocce and ate and played dominos and had meat breaks and ended the night with karaoke. It was the best! Cheris and Rob and family stayed at the hippie house, so we didn't have to worry about driving home. The kids stayed up late and played and played.
The next morning, Sam made pancakes for everyone and then we began getting ready for the big house concert. The house concert was a benefit for HOME, a non-profit organization that raises money for retired musicians who are in dire straits. Ruthie Foster, Eve Monsees, Carolyn Wonderland and Marcia Ball all played. We had fabulous catering and good wine and Milam Bourbon mules and the weather cooperated beautifully. I had so much fun! I got to hang out with my sister and catch up with her. We even snuck a visit with grandma together during party prep. I also got to see my friend Debbie and sit with her at the concert which was a treat. Davis had his first paying driving gig. He drove the mule from the parking area down to the house. He did a great job. Mom reminded him to go slowly so he didn't mess up anybody's hair, lol. It was reported that he even did well at small talk!
As the gig ended, we had to grab our suitcases and run out the door. We flew home that afternoon. We were absolutely exhausted, but it was worth it.
Texas in April is glorious and we have the best family and friends in the world. They really helped me find focus and recenter and I loved the weekend completely. I am a lucky girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday