Mother's Day 2018


Living away from all family is hard on holidays. I missed my mom and grandma, Martha and Clark, my sister, sitting at the pool at Casa Pacifica. But we made the choice to move away and I did have my immediate family with me. So that was very good. And we live in a beautiful place with fun opportunities. So we did those.
We actually had a lovely mother's day weekend. On Saturday morning we went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Infinity War, which Davis and Michael had seen while Sam suffered from a migraine, but saw again so we could see it as a family. The boys loved it and I thought it was one super long battle. But I do love the draft house. Unfortunately, the movie triggered a migraine for Sam, so he rested for the afternoon while Davis and I went on the bike ride with Jason and Garrett and Leah. We went down Lee Gulch Trail all the way to the far playground and it was challenging, but really fun. The weather stayed cool and nice and the smells of the flowers and the sounds of hummingbirds are really amazing right now.
That evening we had a pot luck and Catan night at Kara and Ben's with Suzy and Jason. We had a delicious spread and good wine and had a really good time. They are wonderful hosts and it was a fun evening.
Sunday morning, the boys brought me breakfast in bed (an egg and coffee since I'm doing South Beach until Belize). They also brought me their traditional letters of why they like me, which is my very favorite part of mother's day. This little ritual of assembling the tray while trying to be quiet in the kitchen is so fun. I lie there and listen and giggle and then pretend to be totally surprised when they enter with food and gifts and letters. I got a gorgeous tulip wreath for the door and some hand cream that I am in love with.
After lounging a bit, I walked Sookie and then we all loaded up for church. Davis had a big COA rehearsal during and after, so our presence was required, but I was glad to go as the service was lovely.
When Davis finished his rehearsal, we drove up Colorado toward the Museum of Nature and Science, stopping for a quick lunch on the way. We are members at the museum this year and this was our first time to use our membership. I really wanted to go to see an Imax movie I had heard about called America's Musical Journey. We loved it. Then we spent about an hour in the Space Odyssey wing. We even did the VR space shuttle mission. We ended our day at the museum exploring the Expedition Health wing, which was crazy cool. I had a lot of fun there and I think the kids did too, but Sam's migraine was bothering him, we we came back home and rested for the evening. I didn't mind. I never mind ending the day on my chaise lounge with my family around me. I love them so much and I am so lucky to have those three men in my life. They are the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday