Ups and Downs in the first week of May



We are finally having spring! All the trees are blossoming. I am walking the dog every day, rain or shine, because it is so nice to get outside again. (I'm listening to the Midnight, Texas series on my audiobook as I go).
This week started really rough. I didn't know if I could make it through.
Sam was sick all week which was hard as Michael was out of town again. Sam had a very flu-like virus and a terrible cough. It was a week of doctors as I went to my physical and went and had my bloodwork done, Sam saw his pediatrician and Davis went to his physical.
Sam did finally rally by Thursday and was able to attend a shadow day at the private school we are thinking of putting him in next year. (Hopefully better for his migraines). He liked it and we are going to officially apply there. He even made one day this week at his current school. Win?
Davis had a cough as well, but went to school anyway. He tried out this week for our school's nationally award winning Cyber Patriot team and will find out Monday if he gets in. Fingers crossed.
Michael was in Houston and was swamped with work and studying for a big cisco exam he has to take.
I had a terrible week, trying to parent and teach and carve out a few minutes each day to just be me. I felt like I was failing at all of the above. And it rained for two days.
But on Friday, the sun came out! And I caught up with grading. And one of my favorite student's decorated my door for teacher appreciation.
Then Michael came home! And we had happy hour for five hours on my deck with great friends new and old.
And yesterday we got to festival all day long!

We drove in yesterday morning to downtown Denver for the Cinco De Mayo festival. I wore my new Texas Girl shirt that my sister gave me for my birthday. It was sunny and 72 degrees and it was kind of a perfect day. We ate mexican food and saw a parade and ballet folklorico and chihuahua races. Then we walked a bit further downtown and watched Black Panther at the movie theater before coming home last night and collapsing with contented exhaustion.
So things are looking up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday