Easter Weekend in Texas


We flew to Texas on Good Friday. Mom picked us up and it was so good to see her! We had lunch at Baby A's which was delicious (I heart tex-mex!) Then we came home to the ranch. The whole weekend, the weather was perfection. The ranch was green and perfumed and lush and breezy and slightly damp and perfect. Friday evening Cheris came down with the kids and the Wilkoff's had flown in and met us and were staying at the hippie house. We all swam and grilled and then played dominoes. It was lovely!
On Saturday I went for a long run and then went dumpster diving for Davis's invisalign. After a shower, mom and I went to my beloved grocery store, HEB, where I ran into people I knew, bought empanadas and other items and had a great time. While I was doing all of that, Michael and Sam went to buy fishing gear and then spent the morning fishing with Davis, Isabelle and Tobias. They all caught fish! Saturday afternoon I boiled 4 dozen eggs and then we all hung out by the pool and we dyed some easter eggs.
That evening the Wilkoffs and Walters drove down to Gruene to meet our friends at Gruene Grove. It was a ton of fun! It was so good to see our friends. The kids immediately bonded again and even had their own "grown up table". We ate bbq from the Black's trailer and had Rhea's ice cream (with two vegan choices!) and listened to some great blues and drank beer and saw Kyle's new speakeasy "Goodwins". It was the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday