My back

I keep mentioning that my back is out. Here are the details. Ten days ago I was filling my water bottle at the water fountain during staff meeting at school and as I turned around I felt a sharp pain and couldn't breathe for a minute. I made it back to the staff room and through the school day in great pain. It didn't get much better at all. I finally went for an MRI on Tuesday morning, six days later. I went to the doctor on Thursday and got my results. I mild degenerative disc disease at L3-4 and L4-5. I have two herniated discs at L3-4 and L4-5. I have an additional bulging disc at L5-S1. Additionally I have moderate arthritis on all three of those discs. I have also lost the feeling in my small right toe. I've been referred to a spinal surgeon, physical therapy and been put on steroids, muscle relaxers, nerve pills. I feel a bit better this morning so I'm hopeful it's all working. I need to get back to right because I REALLY miss running and want to be able to mountain bike with Davis this summer. Plus, you know, I'd like to be able to sit and lift and carry again too.
So that's the story of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday