Super Chill Weekend


We had a super chill weekend. Thursday I picked up Reese and Davis from TSA and took them to get these coveted Red reusable cups from Starbucks. Then I made a gorgeous steak salad from plated and Sam went to gym. Michael flew home on Friday. I went to see Sam play his guitar recital at school, taught a class and then picked up Leah from earl release and had a library/lunch date with her. That evening Sam and Garrett went to Snobahn, Suzy and Michael and Christin and I went to Bar Louie for happy hour, and Davis went with Reese to jumpstreet.
Saturday was a splendid day with sun and temps in the high seventies. Davis went with his mountain bike friends to Ruby Hill, Sam went to Snobahn with Garrett and I made a really good salmon dish from Plated. Michael did some work around the house. I attempted a run and re-hurt my back. We packed away all the Halloween stuff and made more travel plans. Suzy and I looked at some open houses in the neighborhood. That evening we Michael and I had happy hour with Jon and Jen at Carboy winery and then we went over and had a glass of wine with Suzy and Jason to hear all about his trip to Nepal.
Sunday we skipped church and stayed home. It was lovely. Davis did homework while Michael and I watched the saints game (horrible!!!) and Sam went with Garrett to Snobahn. That afternoon Davis joined his brother and Garrett and they went to Puma park and then played video games together. Sam has really been missing hanging out with his brother lately and it was so good for them to spend time together. Suzy and I took the dogs on a walk and saw a gorgeous sunset. I also made an incredible sweet potato vegetarian dish from Plated and we all sat around the table and laughed over dinner. It was great. We ended our Sunday with a Blackish episode before Michael took a lyft to the airport hotel before his early flight this morning. A cold front came in overnight and iced everything and snowed so Michael wanted to stay close to the airport before his trip this week.
All in all, it was a lovely weekend at home and I really needed it. I have been really overwhelmed and struggling and it was so good to just be together as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday