Three weeks after my fall


To be honest, I'm not in a great place. I'm three weeks into healing. They said 6-8 weeks healing time so I guess I'm half way there? February has kind of sucked. It was great until I fell, I guess. But February is always a hard month for me. I'm so sick of winter and spring is still so far away. And I can't exercise. AT ALL. No pilates or yoga or strength training or swimming or biking. I can walk. But I can't walk outside because it is icy and I am terrified of falling. And I've had a stomach bug. And I still can't sleep properly cause there is no position lying down that doesn't hurt my ribs. Complain, complain, complain. You get the idea.
I AM healing. Every day is better. I sneezed today and didn't cry. I can lift more and do more and walk more. Bending over doesn't hurt so bad. I took a shower standing up without my bench! I am definitely healing a lot. I'm just bored of healing. I want it over with.
Michael was gone last week and I went back to work and solo parented. It was hard. I made it through. Davis and Sam were super helpful.
Thursday night I went and watched Sam and Garrett at tumbling and it was really fun to watch them. Sam appreciated it so much, too.
Friday was a nice day. Sam had a half day and we went on a mommy and son date at the mall and it was great. We went to the lego store and got ice cream and sent funny memes to Davis.
Davis competed at TSA from Thursday to Saturday and stayed at the DTC Marriott. He said it was okay, but not amazing. I don't know if he will go again, but I was really proud of him for competing. He was on a team with Mia and Reese and they did Video on Demand and fashion design.
Michael and I took Sam and went with Garrett and Jason to see Call of the Wild at the Alamo Drafthouse on Friday night. We all enjoyed it, even me, despite my stomach starting to feel bad.
Saturday, Michael and I did kid stuff and house stuff and then went downtown to the Travel show cause we had free tickets. We enjoyed it and the weather was nice so we walked across downtown to the dairy block to check it out and have wine and some food. It was really nice, despite the stomach bug I was fighting. It was definitely the longest I'd walked since the fall. It was really good to be with Michael and get out of the house and have some mild weather and sun.
It snowed again Sunday and I spent the whole day in bed. I did have a lovely long chat with Katie. Michael went with Jason and Garrett and Sam to go sledding at the ice blocking hill. Davis did homework. Sunday night, I crawled out of bed, put on clothes and went with Michael to meet Paul for dinner at Breckinridge Farmhouse for restaurant week. I didn't have much of an appetite, but tried lots of things and they were all delicious. We also loved being with Paul.
So yes, it all sounds good. And it IS good. But I'm in a funk. I'm just sort of depressed about my physical state and super anxious about the show at my school, and also feeling really insecure with how I'm doing at life right now. I need to get my mojo back. I know I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday